Happy Birthday Tanner

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”   John 16:33

As I reflect on another year of Tanners life, one word comes to mind “Overcomer”. This year Tanner started Kindergarten, we have a lot of questions and doubts going into this year how Tanner would do transitioning into regular school. However Tanner has not only adapted he is thriving!

Of course there were days that were tougher than others, but Tanner is a overcomer. When he sets his mind on something, he will work harder than everyone to get better. Even though he’s only going to be 6, hes been a huge inspiration to me.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

The original plan was for Tanner to only spend 60% of the time with his regular class, and the other 40% with his support class. However Tanner had adapted so well since Day 1 that he has spent 100% of the time with his regular Kindergarten class. During our last meeting with the teachers they decided moving forward Tanner won’t need the support class at all as part of his plan.

Tanners teacher also revealed that during a grade wide testing, Tanner scored the highest of all the kids in  the entire Kindergarten for his reading level. Tanner actually reads text books to his classmates because they can’t.  I know I’m bragging a lot but you have to remember Tanner was labeled Autistic by the world, therefore the world assumed he would fail. Tanner not only overcame all those obstacles but he’s thriving above and beyond.

“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Matthew 5:14

Once Tanners teachers and classmates get to know him, they instantly want to be his friend. Tanner is a light to this world, his big heart and charming personality make him addictive to be around. Anyone who takes the time to get to know Tanner, can see he is a blessing to this world

Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from him. Psalm 127:3

I’m so proud of Tanner and honored that he is my son. I love him with all my heart and soul and want him to know every step he takes on this journey, we are right there with him. Anyone who ever met Tanner will tell you he is a light to this world. He radiates love and kindness. A true pure soul. I pray that God continues to bless him and guard him with his angels in Jesus Name Amen

Advertisements

8 thoughts on “Happy Birthday Tanner

  1. Pingback: My Article Read (11-13-2015) | My Daily Musing

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s