True Gospel

As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. Galatians 1:9

Are you following the correct Gospel? Today its estimated there are over 40,000 denominations of Christianity, that is mind blowing considering they all claim to be follow the same Jesus. So how can we decipher True Gospel?  The quick answer is “Read Your Bible”, don’t rely on others to give you there opinions on scriptures. When we actively seek God he will reveal himself to us.

We need to understand that a “denomination” is simply someone’s interpretations of The Bible For example the Methodist denomination was founded by John Wesley, who was a former Catholic , he had different views on scriptural interpretations which then he created his own doctrine. This doctrine then becomes the beliefs of the Methodist Church. This is the same that happens for every Christian denomination, when we are Biblical illiterate then we can’t decipher on whether those doctrines truly line up with our personal beliefs.

For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ. Galatians 1:10

True Gospel is most likely not going to be a crowd pleaser, most Christian Churches have become corrupted because they are continually changing their doctrine to please people. But any true Christian would know this is not possible, as God and his Word does not change.

But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ. Galatians 1:11-12

So do you truly certify that you are following the True Gospel of Jesus Christ? Because in the end it comes down to your personal relationship with God not what others think for you.  Jesus said through him you will know the truth and the truth will set you free Amen

Advertisements

23 thoughts on “True Gospel

1. Kudzie WekwaChiodza

I have noticed that Christians today have become gullible. They are easily swayed away by people who tell them what they want to hear. Some of these ‘doctrines’ are contrary to what the Bible truly teaches. Like you said, it takes one who is an avid student of the Word of God to decipher the true Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Liked by 2 people

2. Debbie L

Amen! I was blessed to be raised “non-denominational” due to my dad’s military service. We moved frequently. My husband and I have been members of three different churches – due to job transfers. We went where we believed God directed. Now that we travel full time, we do the same. But we are comfortable with SBC churches as we agree with their statement of faith. We have sensed a continuity of the messages from Florida, to Virginia, to Illinois!

Liked by 1 person

3. godlovesyouweb

So be it! I observed that today’s generation is full of temptations.Youths today who are believers before are now letting go of their faith and following the desires of their flesh…They are now being tempted and drowned into vices. We must keep our faith stronger and follow the right way.
    Thank you brother for sharing the good news and may you continue it and be a blessing to others. God bless you.

#GodIsAwesome:)

Liked by 1 person

4. VanessaxGrace

As I’ve heard it said, and totally agree, “Christianity is a relationship, not a religion.” We do need pastors, as the Word declares, but we should also study the Scriptures ourselves to get to know the God we’re in covenant with. Thanks for sharing!

Liked by 2 people

5. backtojesusnow

Just a thought. The first four books of the New Testament make a very big claim. Each begins with the words, “The Gospel according to Saint….” Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John all claim to be the gospel. So my answer to your blog question would be: the true gospel is every single word of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. Just my own opinion.

Liked by 1 person

6. James @Theologica

Interesting that when talking about the “True Gospel” you don’t offer a definition of what it actually is. Gospel is a word which I fear has become something we often say without much understanding of what we mean by it – I’ve tried on my own blog and you can take a read and feel free to disagree.

However to say that denominations are a result of interpretation is of course true but it is not often on the nature of the Gospel (though the role of works has long been divisive) but issues like baptism, Church membership, morality etc. Regardless of that I am quite certain that every denomination would say their beliefs are Biblical, and more so than those of other denominations, due to their interpretation.

Your remedy to read the Bible, free from bias as it were, is good but surely raises the question of how we can possibly read the Bible without interpreting it?

PS – John Wesley was an Anglican.

Liked by 1 person